From: The Museum System (TMS) Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Parsell, David
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2015 9:28 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: cataloging objects in private collectionsElla Rothgangel <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Ella,

Many years ago at the Yale Art Gallery, I set up a separate collection on the production TMS server for “American Furniture”. I set up a separate department and only gave the decorative arts department access to the new department. That setup worked very well without any problems or comingling of the two collections.

Similarly, at the Yale Center of British Art I have set up a “test” department with a subset of the collection for testing purposes. Again, I used the department security to keep the test records separate from the main collection. We have not experienced problems with this arrangement.

Best, David

David Parsell

Systems Manager Information Technology

Yale Center for British Art

1080 Chapel Street

PO Box 208280

New Haven, CT  06520-8280

Telephone 2034329603

Fax       2034321626

Britishart.yale.edu

Sign up for YCBA E-News; follow us on

Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud,
and YouTube; and search our collections online.

BUILDING CONSERVATION PROJECT

The Center is currently closed for building conservation until spring 2016.

Please e-mail the Reference Library and the Study Room to request special appointments,

which will be accommodated on a limited basis, contingent upon the construction schedule.

UPCOMING EXHIBITION
The Critique of Reason: Romantic Art, 1760–1860
March 6–July 26, 2015
On view at the Yale University Art Gallery