In theory there is nothing that would keep you from using Amazon EC2
servers but you would want to have Security Group restrictions by IP for
both your database and file sharing (reports and images).  The main problem
would be ODBC connections that use Active Directory authentication.  It is
easy to set up SQL accounts on EC2 but you typically cannot connect your
domain to the EC2 domain without setting up an Amazon VPN, which is not so
easy to do.  We don't use SQL accounts for ODBC but if TMS can use SQL
accounts then it shouldn't be a problem.  You will want to use the EC2 IP
address for the ODBC server name.  MSSQL on EC2 uses Windows Authentication
mode so you need to change the server for both Windows and SQL Server
mode.  Just FYI.

Steve

Steven Moore
Database Administrator
The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA)
11 West 53 Street ~ New York, NY ~ 10019
Phone:  011.33.62.782.1223