Hello group –

We are adding location records to TMS for all of our objects (finally!) I have created locations in the Location Authority for all of the obvious cabinets, shelves and drawers but we have multiple solander boxes on a single shelf.  We would like to be able to add that level of granularity to our TMS searches.

My question is: how would you record the location of objects in solander boxes?  The only thing I can think of is to create each solander box as a “unit position” in the location authority.

Our current location hierarchy is as follows:

Site: storage

Subsite: room number

Unit type: carriage and bay

Unit number: shelf/drawer

Unit position: solander box number?

Is this a sensible approach? Is there a better way?

Thanks all.

Stephanie

Stephanie Allen

Chief Registrar

Aga Khan Museum

77 Wynford Drive

Toronto | ON Canada M3C 1K1

Email: [log in to unmask]

Phone: +1 416.646.4677 x7719

ON NOW. ONLY NORTH AMERICAN VENUE.

THE LOST DHOW
A DISCOVERY FROM THE MARITIME SILK ROUTE
Lost at sea for 1,200 years. Gold and ceramics from 9th-century China.

HOWARD HODGKIN
ONE MAN, TWO PASSIONS
Great artist. Insightful collector.

Buy your tickets at agakhanmuseum.org