Dear Colleagues,

There is just under one week left to submit abstracts for AIC's 44th Annual Meeting, held jointly with the 42nd Annual CAC-ACCR Conference in Montreal, Canada, May 13-17, 2016!

Call for Papers: Textile Specialty Group (TSG)
Joint Annual Meeting of AIC and Annual Conference of CAC-ACCR, Montreal, Canada May 13 through 17, 2016

The theme for AIC's 44th Annual Meeting, held jointly with the 42nd Annual CAC-ACCR Conference, in Montreal, Canada, May 13-17, 2016, will be “Preparing for Disasters and Confronting the Unexpected in Conservation”.

Colleagues are invited to submit abstracts that address in a broad-based way the impact of past, present, and future disasters on the protection of cultural property. In addition, papers that address confronting the unexpected in conservation whether it occurs during the treatment of an artifact or during a natural disaster are requested.

The Textile Specialty Group seeks papers that address the general meeting theme and related subjects. Papers that address planning and collections care practices that mitigate the damage that otherwise occurs to textile collections during and following disasters would be welcomed as would papers that address health and safety issues, recovery actions, recovery treatments, or evaluation of measures taken in past emergencies. There are many openings and directions within the meeting theme – Please feel free to interpret it broadly. Papers that address other topics relevant to textile preservation are also welcomed.

Please consider submitting an abstract for the Textile session. The deadline for submission is Monday, September 14, 2015.

We are using a new online abstract submission tool! The submission portal is accessible through our abstracts page – to submit your abstract, learn more about our Meeting Theme, and read our General, Specialty, and Joint Sessions Call for Papers, visit www.conservation-us.org/abstracts.

Abstracts are due on September 14, 2015. Abstracts should be submitted in English. To provide adequate time for translation before the submission deadline, French to English translation assistance will be provided for abstracts sent to [log in to unmask] prior to September 10. Poster abstracts can be submitted by Wednesday, October 1, 2015.

Learn more about the Joint Annual Meeting & Conference here: www.conservation-us.org/annual-meeting.

To see the full Call for Papers and Submission Guidelines, visit www.conservation-us.org/abstracts

If I can answer questions or help in any way please contact me soon!

Kathy Francis, Textile Specialty Group, Program Chair for 2016
Francis Textile Conservation LLC, Falmouth, MA 02556