Hi, Suzanne!

We attach virtual folders to the main object media tab, and store large groups of media files therein. These folders are easily added (similarly to the way you add individual files) so they are “front and center” for most users who may not know to dig into other modules, but they eliminate scrolling long lists of individual items on the media tab. For example, for an important conservation event, we enter summary details in the Conservation module, but point users to the main media tab for documentation: all PDF reports and images are stored in a dated folder clearly labelled on the main media tab (ex. “2015-01-12 Conservation Records” or “2014-06-04 Installation Views”). On our servers, the folders live with all other media in their departmental hierarchies so no need for new Media Paths.

Installation instructions, which may include photos and diagrams (PDFs, JPGs, or even short videos), are great candidates for this “main module” aggregated approach. The other benefit: additional media related to the event after the folder is created can be popped into the folder directly without opening TMS, so users with limited media access can still assist with filing tasks.

Hope this helps!

Jen

Jennifer W. Smith

JWSC LLC - Art Catalogues, Collection Services, and Research

212 South Marion Street, Suite 5  Oak Park, IL 60302

(708) 445-9101