Dear all,

Calling on your collective wisdom to see how you might have worked out the parent-child records relationships, especially where assigning a specific order to the children is concerned.

We are dealing with complex objects, such as sketchbooks and portfolios, that have a master record for the overall object and individual fleshed-out TMS records for each page.  The page sequence is critical and my question is how do you record the sequence in TMS? Side note: we do not want to rely on parenthetical accession numbers.

Are you using a field in addition to the relationship field? And if yes, which one and how?

Thanks!

Emmanuelle

Emmanuelle Delmas-Glass

Collections Data Manager

Collections Information & Access Department

Yale Center for British Art

http://britishart.yale.edu

203-410-4069