Hi Emmanuelle,

I have been working with intellectual child records to fill this need. I am actually going to give a talk at collective imagination in 2016 on this topic, related to rare books. The naming conventions we use for sketchbooks are:

[accession number].[sequence number]_[side designation] for example: 31.32.51.01_recto ; 31.32.51.01_verso

This naming convention does vary a bit for rare books, but is generally the same. I have found this has helped our users differentiate between intellectual child records and other records.

Currently I am working with sketchbooks, logs etc. One of the issues I have encounter is loose pages in the books. Since they could be framed and placed in a different location I am doing some testing to determine how to incorporate intellectual child records and child records for an object.

I would be happy to send our current policy for intellectual child records if that would be helpful to you.

Best,

Allison

Allison Evans

Collections Manager/Registrar