Are you trying to do this as a SQL query or in Crystal Reports?

On Oct 28, 2015 11:34 AM, "Milby, Jessica" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi everyone,

We are trying to get a snapshot of the locations of objects saved in a package for a specific time period.  I know what was on view at the time, but I’d like to know where everything was.  These might have moved in before or during our date range, might still be there, or might have since moved out.  We’re finding the TransDate isn’t adequate for those reasons, and the DateOut hasn’t proven very useful.  For 6600 objects, the data we have yields over 33,000 results--too many for my project timeline.

Does anyone have a script/view/report that can help us out?

It seems like a simple question until you dive into the ObjLocations and the available date fields.  I feel like this kind of historical snapshot ought to be available…we’re working on something non-incident related, but I can imagine how a late discovery of a conservation issue, or building incident could lead to needing this sort of thing.  Usually we’d be reporting on current locations, but the crux of this is that it’s historical ones.

Any help…?

Thanks,

Jessica

Jessica Milby
Assistant Director for Collection Information

t 215-684-7283
f 215-235-0035

Philadelphia Museum of Art
PO Box 7646, Philadelphia, PA 19101-7646
www.philamuseum.org