You should discover the magic of "virtual objects" - which can easily be excluded from your search results.

On Oct 29, 2015 2:46 PM, "Katherine Alcauskas" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
We have recently begun creating loan records (with the prefix LN) for incoming loans, which we also assign to a separate "Exhibitions" department. Some users find this misleading, however, as when they do simple searches on constituent or title, these records are being pulled in. We would like to find a way to weed out loan records from collection-related records when doing searches in TMS. By selecting "Accessioned objects only," however, our searches don't retrieve study collection items. Does anyone have any creative solutions on how to pull up just collection-related items and not temporary exhibition loans? I can only think of restricting access to the "Exhibitions" department or writing an advanced query that rejects objects whose accession number starts with LN. I would rather not delete the records entirely after the exhibitions, but rather keep them as an archive of past movements, but our staff is worried that the temporary numbers will overwhelm the actual collection objects. Thank you!

     //  eoj