From: Textile Conservators [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Peggy Derrick
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2016 6:03 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: mannequin advice

Greetings Textile Conservators,
I am having an eviable problem: a donor at my local historical society has offered to purchase for us a museum-quality female mannequin with a head. We would like to be able to display his mother's 1914 wedding dress, which she made herself, complete with headdress, veil and bouquet.
So for the first time ever, I am seriously looking at ready-made mannequins, and the more I look, the more confused I become. I thought a Dorfman's Classic Adjustable Form with head and arms and feet would be perfect, but a couple of people have warned me that they are too flat, and need a lot of padding, and never "look right."
I am in love with a Kyoto Belle Epoch mannequin, which may be beyond my budget, but I don't know because I can't contact the company. Their "contact" button on their webpage is not updated and doesn't work. The mannequin can be seen at: http://www.nanasai.co.jp/en/mannequins/kci/index.html
Does anyone have a contact at this company or know an American supplier? And do you have anyother recommendations? I have heard that Goldsmith's are very good, but it appears they no longer make period mannequins.
Thank you for your time and expertise!
Peggy
Peggy Derrick
5323 County 249
Brownsville, MN
507-724-2068
608-799-0033

“This email and any attached files are intended for the sole use of the primary and copied addressee(s) and may contain privileged and/or confidential information. Any distribution, use or copying by any means of this information is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please delete it immediately and notify the sender.”