From: The Museum System (TMS) Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Hilde Bøe
Sent: 14 May 2016 14:13
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Project planning and workflow in TMS?

Hi TMS users,

We are wondering whether anyone out there is using TMS to plan their exhibition projects in detail? What we are looking for is the possibility to plan for and book resources (staff, space, collection and budget) as well as set up time schedules, plan exhibition installing and de-installing, etc.

If you do not use TMS do you use some other software? One of our project leaders comes from the world of theatres and has experience with Theatron (http://www.mansoft.se/; http://www.theatron.eu/) and timewise, but doesn’t think they are appropriate for museums. We would if possible, prefer to use TMS as all other information goes there.

We currently use excel spreadsheets for this and although it works, there’s always the risk of people consulting different versions and the problem of standardizing the spreadsheet so it always looks the same as well as information being updated in TMS, but not in the spreadsheet or vice versa.

Experiences, thoughts, ideas are very welcome!
Thanks and best,

HILDE BØE
Digital samlingsforvalter | Digital Collection Manager

MUNCHMUSEET | THE MUNCH MUSEUM
[Innebygd bilde 1]<http://munchmuseet.no/utstillinger/mapplethorpe-munch>
+47 97787931
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | munchmuseet.no<http://www.munchmuseet.no/> | stenersenmuseet.no<http://www.stenersenmuseet.no/> | emunch.no<http://www.stenersenmuseet.no/>
Følg oss på | Follow us on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Munch-Museum/61967497464> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/themunchmuseum>

To unsubscribe, send an email to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with the following commands in the body of the email: