We’ve been using this free Word-to-clean-text utility. It’s great!

https://jhy.io/tools/convert-word-to-plain-text

From: The Museum System (TMS) Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Christine Droll
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2016 9:27 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Text Entries: formatting and output

Now that Text Entries can support certain formatting features (underline, bold, and italic), has anybody experienced difficulty in retaining this formatting when copying and pasting text from Word documents or PDF files? And if so, is there a remedy for this?

It’s random, I’ll admit—but there are times when copy-and-paste results in font substitutions or line spacings that are radically different from the Word or PDF sources.

Because it’s so random, I cannot isolate the problem.

Any ideas or solutions would be much appreciated!

Christine

Christine Droll

Registrar, Database & Collections

The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art