Hi Jennifer,

I would like the Trotman and the Crowder book.  Could you remind me of the payment method?

Meredith Montague

Museum of Fine Arts, Boston

From: Textile Conservators [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jennifer Barnett
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2016 9:00 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: For sale: some books on dyes and dyeing

Dear textile conservators,

I still have some books on dyes and dyeing for sale.

‘The colourful past: origins, chemistry and identification of natural dyestuffs’, by Judith Hofenk de Graaf

2004, Archetype Publications and Abegg-Stiftung, 396 pages, ISBN 3-905014-25-4 (Abegg-Stiftung); ISBN 1-873132-13-1 (Archetype)

as new

€60.00 plus postage.

Book rate postage €4.00 to Europe and €6.00 to rest of the world.

‘Dyeing and chemical technolgy of textile fibres’, E.R. trotman, 6th edition, Charles Griffin & C0. Ltd, 1984, 587 pages, ISBN 0 85264 267 9

Very good condition (spine is faded).

€50.00 plus postage

Book rate postage €4.00 to Europe and €6.00 to rest of the world.

Deutsche färber-Beitung für Färberei und Druckerei, Organ des deutschen Innungsverbandes der Färber und deren vewandten Gewerbetreibenden, XVII Jahrgang, nr 1-24, 1882   [German dye-processing for dyeing and printing, organ of the German Guild Association of dyers and their related trades] (Google Translate)

In German. Bound volume of 24 professional periodicals on dyeing and printing textiles. Samples of printed and dyed textiles and yarns still present in original condition.

Condition is good for its age.

€45.00 plus postage

Book rate postage €3.00 to Europe and €5.00 to rest of the world.

‘The new Dyer: with Colorcue hue analysis aide’, Sally Vinroot & Jennie Crowder, interweave Press, 1981, spiral bound, 118 pages. ISBN 0-34026-05-X

For the home dyer or textile conservator.

Chapters on colour theory, procedures, acid dyes, fibre reactive dyers, disperse dyes, some applications, appendices & Index. Metric & imperial measures.

Very good condition, cover shows signs of wear.

€10.00 plus postage

Book rate postage €3.00 to Europe and €5.00 to rest of the world.

Best wishes,

Jennifer Barnett
France

Ex-textile conservator and lecturer, now a translator (Dutch to English).