Hello fellow TMSs,

We are an academic collection of approximately 20,000 objects and are under the larger umbrella of a college campus community. Our TMS currently runs on Oracle, however we are considering, very seriously, switching to SQL, as this seems much more prevalent in the TMS world. We have very little expertise/technical support internally, as we are the only department on campus that uses this software. Additionally we will most likely move to an external hosting server for both TMS and Emuseum.

Two questions:

1. Is anyone out there already using external hosting for either/both TMS and Emsuem?

2. Has anyone else out there been through the process of converting from Oracle to SQL?

If either of these situations apply to you, I would be very interested to hear what your experiences have been and what advise you would like to share.

Much appreciated,
Karen

Karen Casey Hines Assistant Registrar Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center

Vassar College Box 703, 124 Raymond Avenue, Poughkeepsie, NY 12604 | T845.437.5249 | F845.437.5955 | http://fllac.vassar.edu/

April 29 - August 21, 2016 Touch the Sky: Art and Astronomy