*Apologies for cross-posting*

Hello all,

Tate is seeking to recruit a Collections Database Officer. Please do pass this on to anyone who you think might be interested.

This key role offers the chance to use your information management expertise to ensure our Collection is enjoyed by the widest possible audience by developing the use of our sophisticated collections management system.

We use The Museum System [TMS] to catalogue our collection, to support activities such as location movement, acquisitions, loans in and out, condition reporting and to manage the exhibitions and displays programme.

As well as managing the day-to-day use of the system and supporting its 500+ users, you’ll carry out regular data monitoring to guarantee the accurate publication of Tate’s catalogue. You’ll also create and maintain data standards, action change requests and assist in the testing of new upgrades. Regular contact with users will be a feature of the job.

The role calls for a highly effective communicator, time manager and organiser with good IT skills. You’ll be capable of working accurately under pressure, prioritising your work to deadlines and providing training to a wide range of users. Experience of documentation practice, monitoring and updating data to agreed standards will ideally have been gained in the Museum or a similar sector.

With four major sites across England, Tate holds the national collection of British art from 1500 to the present day as well as international modern and contemporary art. Our aim is to increase public awareness, understanding, and appreciation of this art. Join our committed team, and help take our collections to the widest audience possible.

How to apply

Our opportunities are open for you to apply online. Please visit: www.tate.org.uk/about/workingattate/ to create an account by registering your details or if you are an existing user, log into your account. For all opportunities, we ask candidates to complete an online application form for the vacancy they are interested in. If you need an application form in an alternative format, please call us on 020 7887 4997. Once you have submitted your application, you can keep track of its progress by logging in to your account.

The closing date for the submission of completed application forms is Monday, 13 June 2016 by 17.00.

Our jobs are like our galleries, open to all.

Thanks

Madeline

Madeline Betts

Collections Database Manager

Tate
+44(0) 20 7887 8983

Please note that any information sent, received or held by Tate may be disclosed under the Freedom of Information Act 2000