From: The Museum System (TMS) Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Christine Droll
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2016 4:24 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: parent-child vs. see-also associations

David, I’ve done what you are contemplating—that is, making a parent-child relationship and defining it as a See Also because I want it to show in the Group Information field in the object record. Seems to work well enough, even though I’m a little sketchy on which record is the parent, and which is the child. Depending on how you link it seems to dictate how the relationship will display in the Group Information field. (see images below)

Christine

Christine Droll

Registrar, Database & Collections

The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art