Hi Everyone,

We're taking a look at how we number and associate photographs and their reserve prints, and I was asked to weigh-in on the numbering and association type.  To me, associating different instances of the same photograph would be a see-also association.  But, we like to see on the main data entry screen that there are associated objects without having to go to the hierarchy view or the related tab.  I've been kind of a stickler for coding the associations "correctly" as I understood them, but I wonder if it really hurts anything to code them as parent-child relationships?  Using the see-also association type has made me happy in the thought that it's more "accurate," but it hasn't seemed to provide any real practical benefit, rather it just seems to make the information more difficult to find at-a-glance.  Perhaps there's something I'm overlooking?

If any of you would mind taking a moment to share your opinion I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks,

David Thompson
TMS Administrator

The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
PO Box 6826 | Houston, Texas 77265-6826
5100 Montrose Boulevard | Houston, Texas 77006

713.639.7580  o
281.330.3803  m