From: The Museum System (TMS) Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Suzanne Stephens
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 11:07 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Capturing and Accessing Detailed Dimensions

We have a new situation that has come up, and I am hoping someone else has a good idea about how to handle this. Our TMS data goes to our website, so all of the public access fields need to have consistently formatted data for public viewing. Our prep staff wants to add mat dimensions to the displayed dimensions so that they can easily see mat sizes for planning framing (we have about 4,000 works on paper stored matted).  This information is useful internally but does not add to the scholarly record, so I don't want it to be displayed on the website. Does anyone have a better way to capture dimension information for staff use? This could apply to other dimensions in addition to mats. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Suzanne Voce Stephens
Senior Associate Registrar
TMS Database Administrator
Birmingham Museum of Art
2000 Rev. Abraham Woods Jr. Blvd.
Birmingham, Alabama 35203
Phone 205.254.2975
Fax 205.323.6093
To unsubscribe, send an email to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with the following commands in the body of the email: