Dear Fellow TMS Users,

We hope to take advantage of the new audit campaign of our collection (the whole collection every ten years) to label our collection with barcodes (provided by TMS, thx) and ? RFID.

Did some of you think about labelling your collection with RFID ? with both RFID and barcodes ?

Why did you or didn’t you finally proceed this way ?

If you did, what kind of association with your works and the labels did you come with ?

For what kind of use ? With what constraints or precautions ?

Any difficulty with TMS ?

Any good comment will be welcome on the subject as we seem to have mitigated opinions here at the musée d’Orsay.

Thank you very much and have a good week-end,

Elsa

Elsa Badie Modiri

Chargée de projet – Administrateur de la base de données M’Osaïque

Gestion informatisée des collections – Service de la Conservation

Musée d’Orsay

62, rue de Lille

75343 Paris Cedex 07

Tél. : + 33 (0)1 40 49 49 87 – Fax : + 33 (0)1 45 49 05 54

Email : [log in to unmask]

Consultez le catalogue complet des 87 000 oeuvres du musée d'Orsay