Everyone,

If you're a regular visitor to the MoMS or Stories from Main Street websites (www.museumonmainstreet.org<http://www.museumonmainstreet.org> and www.storiesfrommainstreet.org<http://www.storiesfrommainstreet.org> ), you may have noticed some big changes in the last 24 hours. A new MoMS website debuted on Monday. This website represents a big step forward for us by combining the functions of both websites, creating a more robust information management infrastructure, better search functions, and integration with a new business management platform here at SITES.

Progress does have its costs, however! Many of you may have links to pages on the MoMS website on your own websites. We suspect that in most cases, those links will now be broken. Please check any direct links you may have made to exhibition information or other materials on our older site. If I can help you in any way if you need to reset links to new URLs, please do let me know.

Also, we ask that you please consider this week's launch of the website to be a soft one! We are planning to do a major public launch after the holidays. We are still making some refinements to the site and we're awaiting the launch of our new business management system in mid-December. You will notice that there is missing itinerary information on the new site. These issues will continue until the new management system launches in a few weeks. At that point, all of our systems will be synchronized and all schedule information will populate the website.

We really appreciate your patience as we launch our new site. We're excited about the opportunities that it will provide for you and your sites. I'll keep you posted as we reach milestones over the next couple of weeks.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Best wishes,
Robbie

Robbie Davis
Project Director, Museum on Main Street
Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service
PO Box 37012 MRC 941
Washington, DC 20013-7012
202-633-5335

Find MoMS online: