We’ve struggled with this problem ever since one of the past upgrades made this change.  We have also voiced our concerns to Gallery Systems and I am told that in TMS2016 this is no longer a problem (thank goodness!).  We are often moving up to 18,000 objects at once and it has been a pain—our work around being to create 18 or more separate object packages to move separately (sooo many postage stamps).

Beth

Elizabeth Heydt, Collections Manger
Smithsonian National Postal Museum

From: The Museum System (TMS) Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of David Lowe
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 8:51 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: 1000 record move limit

I can't answer for newer versions, but I've butted my head against this. If your object numbers are sequential, you can query up a range of the first 1000 and move those, then query & move the remainder.
On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 8:45 PM Rhondda Orchard <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

Hello TMS users,

We are trying to move 1042 records currently located to a CASE to a new location.

TMS is giving us an error message saying the move is not allowed because of the number is greater than 1000.

Is this normal ?

We are using TMS2012 R2 – is this still the same for later version of TMS ?

Does anyone have a work around that doesn’t require relocating 42 records out of their case to move the 1000 to a new location and then relocating the 42 back into their box?

Help is greatly appreciated.

Rhondda

[cid:image002.jpg@01D25607.F52A8510]

Rhondda Orchard

Managing Registrar, Collection Database and Documentation

Australian National Maritime Museum

Darling Harbour

Wharf 7, 58 Pirrama Rd, Pyrmont  NSW  2009

+61292983736

www.anmm.gov.au<http://www.anmm.gov.au>

[http://www.anmm.gov.au/~/media/Media/icons/banner.jpg]<http://www.anmm.gov.au/voyage>

Join:

eNewsletter<http://anmm.us3.list-manage2.com/subscribe?u=068dd7e7a243d9d1c1d267220&id=7df72491fc>

Download:

Digital Signals<http://www.anmm.gov.au/signalsapp>

[social media logos]

This transmission is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain confidential or legally privileged information.

If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited and may incur severe penalties.

If you have received this transmission in error, please notify us immediately by telephone on 02 9298 3777 and delete all copies of this transmission together with any attachments.

To unsubscribe, send an email to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with the following commands in the body of the email: