I also recommend the Kalt suture needles from Fine Science Tools.  We most often use sizes 1, 0 and 00.

Holly

From: Textile Conservators [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Shirley Ellis
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2017 11:09 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: source for surgical needles

Hi Dee,
Kalt suture needles from Fine Science Tools (Canadian supplier) are great.  Perfect for hair silk.  I like "00" size, their largest.

http://www.finescience.ca/Special-Pages/Products.aspx?ProductId=122&CategoryId=71

Shirley

On 19 January 2017 at 10:05, Dee Stubbs-Lee <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
Hello,

Can anyone suggest a good supplier for small curved reusable surgical needles suitable for textiles repairs with hair silk? I’m not sure of the size numbers, but I would say ones about the curve and diameter of a dime or smaller would work well. Most of my nice smaller ones have gone astray over the years, and of course I only need a few. Canadian suppliers preferred.

Thanks,
Dee

Dee Stubbs-Lee, CAPC, MA
Conservator / Restauratrice