Dear Colleagues,

I am sending the following message on behalf of Maria Fusco:

The Textile Museum/The George Washington University Museum is seeking an experienced Associate Conservator to add to our expanding department.  The institution’s recent $5 million gift from the Avenir Foundation has allowed the museum to equip new lab facilities as well as increase the conservation department’s staffing.

The position has responsibility for exhibition preparation and maintenance duties and in the re-housing of objects for storage.  The position also undertakes or supervises Environmental Monitoring and/or Integrated Pest Management.  The bulk of the collection is textile based and a foundation in textiles is required.  However, the combined museums now hold smaller paper as well as fine and decorative arts collections so familiarity with a variety of mediums is an asset.  As an exhibition driven organization, a strong background in preparation of exhibits through all their phases is required.

Full details on the posting including how to apply can be found at https://www.gwu.jobs/postings/40653, posting #S006090.  Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.

Maria Fusco

Chief Conservator

The GWU Museum/The Textile Museum

Foggy Bottom: 701 21st Street, NW  • Washington, DC 20052
Avenir Center: 44930 Knoll Square  Ashburn, VA 20147