Daryl Hafter and I are organizing a session for the next meeting of the Society for the History of Technology (SHOT; www.historyoftechnology.org), to be held in Philadelphia, PA in October 2017.

We plan a session about textiles and early industrialization that will be held in the Textile and Costume Study Room at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Our goal, in holding it at the PMA is to use the collection there as a basis for discussion and study.

We are seeking one or two additional participants for our session. At present, our restrictions are 1) a focus on textiles or the textile industry 2) a "pre-industrial" time period--some time before about 1820 3) use of available items from the PMA collection to illustrate the presentation.

If you or someone you know is interested in learning more please do let me know.

The deadline for submission of a session proposal is 30 March 2017--I would like to have the panel assembled by 20 March.

Thank you very much.

Please feel free to redirect this message.

Sarah

Sarah Lowengard
New York City