You can use TMS to track collections of any kind; the most common
application being art collections.

Since you asked about hobbyists, I assume that a system like TMS would be
cost prohibitive. I am aware of a system called Collectify, which does
collection management. I think it supports doll collections, and may have a
template for toys as well.

Chad