Hello all,

Here is an example of how we work with exhibitions, venues and loans at the Munch museum:

·        Exhibition 1 has three venues A, B and C

·        A is in-house while B and C are second venues

·        We create a loan for each of the venues B and C where all objects concerning each of those two venues are added

·        The outgoing loan for venue B has B as loaner, while the loan for venue C has C as loaner

Outgoing loans contain only the objects we are lending to the venue, but since this is the “same” exhibition touring three venues most of the objects are shown at all venues and thus included in both loans. How are other users working with this? Would you follow a similar workflow?

We recently discovered a list view that at first glance seemed to be really useful to help us get an overview of the loan objects at a certain venue, but then as we looked closer, it got us really confused instead. The view is the “exhibition venue included objects” in exhibitions.

According to the view it shows (among other data) lender, loan number, loan object status and loan object status date for the objects that are included at a certain venue. When we look closer we find that the view doesn’t pick data from the “correct” loan (i.e. the loan related to the venue institution), rather it seems like it picks randomly from whatever loans (in the exhibition) which the object is included in.

As you hopefully can see from the screen print below, the column loan number (“Lånenr.”) shows two different loan numbers for this venue while the loan for the venue institution has only one of these two numbers; DL201500139-1. This causes errors e.g. when an object is approved for one venue, but not the next – and in overall it is highly confusing.

With good help from GS’ Jon Thristan we found that there is no table in the database relating loans and venues. Despite what the view at first gives impression of, TMS actually has no way of saying ‘this loan is connected to this venue’.

But, it would be very convenient to have a view that summarises the status of the objects in the loan for the venue/loaner! Also, if our workflow doesn’t make sense compared to how these features were intended to be used, we would of course very much like to hear that too!

Thanks and kind regards,

HILDE BØE
Digital samlingsforvalter | Digital Collection Manager

MUNCHMUSEET | THE MUNCH MUSEUM

cid:image001.jpg@01D2B828.26B78650cid:image002.jpg@01D2B828.26B78650

+47 97787931
| munchmuseet.no | emunch.no

Følg oss på | Follow us on Facebook | Twitter