From: The Museum System (TMS) Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Rothman, Steve
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2017 10:24 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Strange delays with TMS2016r2 and Windows 10

Most of our workstations are Windows 7 and we're not especially pleased with TMS performance.  But a few of our workstations are Windows 10 - no improvement in general, but we notice special delays on Windows 10 that don't happen with 7.

One simple example that predictably happens in our environment:

              * start TMS, login, open Objects module
              * search for a specific object number with the view set for Data Entry - Standard Data Entry
              * after the object is found and you are in the Data Entry window switch to View - Label Copy

That last step takes a few seconds longer than I'd like in Windows 7. It's been explained to me that the TMS client app has to initialize some internal functions at this point. But in Windows 10 it takes 30 seconds or more, sometimes a lot more. Subsequent switches to Label Copy are fast (on 7 or 10), but it's always terribly slow the first time done after starting TMS on Win10.

Is anyone else running TMS2016r2 in a mixed Win7 / Win10 environment, and seeing odd delays on Win10 that are noticeably worse than Win7? Or are other people getting pretty much the same performance from TMS2016r2 on Win7 and Win10?

-Steve

Steve Rothman, Systems Administrator
Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology
mobile: 617-517-4855 or x5-9968

To unsubscribe, send an email to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> with the following commands in the body of the email: