TMS Users,

Do any of you use the Edition and State fields for cataloguing multiples of photographs and prints? If so, do you simply enter 1/3, or do you enter edition 1/3?

During Phase 1 of our data standardization project, Curatorial focused on standardizing edition, ed., ed. #, ed.#, etc. in the Medium field to edition. Now, a couple of departments want to move edition information from Medium into the edition field, so I am inclined to also include edition before the numerical information, especially in view of usage in reports.

Many thanks!

Merrianne Timko

Data Standards Manager

The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston