Hi

Just to note that information about dependencies between database objects, including Views, is stored in the database itself e.g. that View A references table B., which references table C.

This information can be easily accessed in SQL Server Management Studio (and similar is available in SQL Developer/TOAD etc if you’re running on Oracle) via right-clicking the name of a View (or Table) in the Object Explorer, and selecting ‘View Dependencies’. Check the appropriate radio button to see either ‘Objects that depend upon [your View name]’ or ‘Objects on which [your View name] depends’.

I think commenting Views, in-line, is good for capturing detailed information about logic and rules etc.

Best wishes

Jon

Jon Thristan MBCS | Project Consultant

[log in to unmask] | +44 20 7993 8402