Good afternoon MoMSers,

We hope that you're all having a great summer. We're speeding along with the development of our next exhibition, Crossroads: Change in Rural America. Crossroads opens in September 2018 in Florida, Illinois and South Carolina.

We need your help as we select stories and images to include in the exhibition. In one section, we focus on revitalization efforts in small towns and rural communities. Could you recommend some towns in your state that have developed highly successful revitalization efforts? Tell us the name of the town and why you think its redevelopment work is significant. We won't be able to use them all, but your thoughts will give us a great research boost.

The towns you select may have used culture and the arts as a revitalization springboard, focused on tourism, recruited new industries, or reinvigorated a tired Main Street by investing in historic buildings and other infrastructure. We know that revitalization takes many forms and that it happens everywhere. That's why we would love to hear from you.

Please send me your suggestions off-list at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. And, while you have MoMS on your mind, consider bringing Crossroads to your state. Slots are going fast, so be sure to get in touch with Carol. We are excited about Crossroads' potential to generate a high level of community action and discourse.

Best wishes,
Robbie

Robbie Davis
Project Director, Museum on Main Street
Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service
PO Box 37012 MRC 941
Washington, DC 20013-7012
202-633-5335 office
202-704-4478 mobile