Thank you everyone who responded so far.  I agree with you Dan, once you
build an api, it becomes the solution to a number of things that you could
never really do before.  Here's a partial list of what I have built based
on our custom api:

- integration with two production systems
- a mobile app for curators
- a daily email featuring a random piece of art
- an Amazon Alexa skill
- an iOS and Android game (think Tinder with art thumbnails)
- a TwitterBot

The thing is, we all share the same database schema, so anything I've built
could easily be shared with another museum.  And what you build could be of
great use to us.  But a common api is what is missing to do so.  That's
really why I asked.

Steve

Steven MOORE

Database Administrator