Hi all,

Robbie, Selwyn and I participated this week in the Small Museums Conference in College Park, MD. We were warmly welcomed and there was great interest in the two session we did about Stories from Main Street and about engaging communities through MoMS exhibits.

The Small Museums Association has hosted a conference for over 30 years. It is geared to the kinds of small historical society/museums that host MoMS exhibitions.  Theresa Worden from the Maryland Humanities Council attends regularly and encourages (and supports) MoMS host museums to also attend.  It is a wonderful way to build community among like-minded organizations-and a great opportunity for capacity building training.  Mainly attended by museums in the Mid-Atlantic states, but certainly has a broad application beyond this area.

If you haven't heard about it, I'd encourage you to look at their website for more info.

Just a thought....

Best,

Carol