From: The Museum System (TMS) Users [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jennifer W. Smith
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2018 8:02 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Query conundrum

Hi, Jessica! Greeting from the Midwest!
You could try changing your field group to Current Location. This should allow you to focus the "not equal to" relation on only those items without the current Location Purpose you're looking for. This will only work you have not recorded moves subsequent to those containing your purpose "2017 Inventory," tho.

Alternatively, using your AQ and the "equal to" query you show below, you can assemble your group of objects that have (at any time) been part of the inventory in a temporary object package. Then, change your main view to find all objects and while the temporary object package is highlighted, use the "Remove list from current selection" option from the Action menu in your Package Explorer window to focus on only those not yet inspected.

Hope these two ideas help!
All best,
Jen

[cid:image001.png@01D3E3B6.E2ADA460]

Jennifer W. Smith
JWSC LLC - Art Catalogues, Technology, and Research
212 South Marion Street, Suite 10  Oak Park, IL 60302
(708) 445-9101