This is great Danielle!!  And I'm really glad to here that this update made it out with TMS 2017.

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 3:11 PM, Danielle Uchitelle <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

As of TMS 2017, the Barcode Manager can be configured to process timestamp data captured during scanning.

Many (most?) barcode readers can generate a timestamp during scanning, and the Barcode Manager can be configured to use this data when processing location moves.  Use of timestamps is controlled by a configuration setting.

In the updated Barcode Manager for TMS 2018, there will be additional support for barcode scanner input as XML, which some of the more sophisticated barcode readers can generate, as in this example:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<scan scanner_model="Motorola 456">

    <scans>

        <scan timestamp="20180212T152333" location="2E0F0505CD990" crate="8E182D77F35C1" component="910D93D9F1052" handler="623B91F14AF14" purpose="Display"/>

        <scan timestamp="20180212T152400" location="E30EE6F638FF0" crate="" component="CC626C8680BB2" handler="CA9523BAF8FF4" purpose="Display"/>

        <scan timestamp="20180214T152333" location="973EECAA441B0" crate="8E182D77F35C1" component="" handler="623B91F14AF14" purpose="Research"/>

    </scans>

</scan>

Documentation for the Barcode Manager can be found in the Gallery Systems community website, in the Resources section.

Best,

Danielle Uchitelle

Danielle Uchitelle | Chief Operating Officer

[log in to unmask] | 646.733.2239 x264

GallerySystems | www.gallerysystems.com