I worked with a Zebra printer and Crystal Reports at the Musical Instrument
Museum. We weren't trying to print labels, but rather hang tags from a
Crystal Report using the Zebra Printer. Early tests worked perfectly fine.

In order to maximize the number of tags per roll of media, we had the media
custom-made: the long-side of the hang tag had the perforations. As I
recall (keep in mind this was ca 2010), this meant the report had to be
printed in landscape mode. We then ran into a bug in CR: when the report
was run, it was rotated and shrunk by 50%. This was a known bug in CR, and
was why the majority of pharmacy systems did not use Crystal reports for
printing medicine labels.

Keep in mind this was back around 2010 - I searched and found this article
from SAP, which infers that this has been resolved (
https://apps.support.sap.com/sap/support/knowledge/public/en/2141243), but
I do not know. I don't know if MIM ever resolved this, I believe they had
started to look at a Zebra solution for printing labels, but I left before
that project was completed.

So my input is that you should be able to print using CR and a Zebra
Printer, but the devil is in the details.