Hello,

Lately I have been receiving requests, both internal and external, for information about the artists in our permanent collection and their demographic information. The majority of the requests have to do with gender, and more recently ethnicity. If you are tracking this information, how have you been entering it into TMS? And have you incorporated ULAN into your records? Currently we use attributes to enter artist gender, which gives us the flexibility to include non-binary labels, but ethnicity is not something we've ever tracked in TMS before.

-A

AMANDA DEAROLPH

DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
COLLECTION INFORMATION & DIGITAL ASSETS