From: Karen Hines <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 12:12 PM
Subject: Digital Asset Management System
To: "The Museum System (TMS) Users" <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Everyone,

I know this topic has been posted before, but I'm very interested in what folks are currently using for Digital Asset Management Systems (DAMS). We are using TMS 2017 for content management and would of course like to find a fairly simple product that would interface well with TMS. We have approximately 17,000 very large files (some up to 250MB) on server and our image bank is quickly growing. Currently our files are organized on the server by the date the image was taken and they can be searched by file name (if you know it...however this can sometimes be very time consuming). Any suggestions on software products and pros and cons that anyone has experienced would be great!

Much appreciated,
Karen

Karen Casey Hines Associate Registrar Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center

Vassar College Box 703, 124 Raymond Avenue, Poughkeepsie, NY 12604 | T845.437.5249 | F845.437.5955 | http://fllac.vassar.edu/

Current Exhibitions:
4/8-8/19 Reflections: Portrayals of and by African Americans
4/27-9/2 Master Class: Northern European Art 1500-1700 from the Permanent Collection
5/1-8/26 Energy to Spare: '50s Photographs by Grace Robertson