Aaron,

We use an internal wiki for managing our documentation, so I simply take a
screenshot of each step in the process, and then give them sequential
names. I responding to emails, I will often grab a screenshot and paste it
directly into the email. There would be no issues with grabbing them and
pasting them into a Word Document.

One of my favorite features in Greenshot is the ability to define a region
of the screen and then easily grab that same region using [SHIFT] + [PRINT
SCREEN]. To me this makes documenting multi-step processes a snap.