This question comes up every now and then for IT, DAM, and TMS.  The same
question occurs for a list of URLs.  So I have a little program that checks
both.

First, create a list of TMS files with this query (note: just 100 to test):

SELECT TOP 100 path = mp.[Path] + mf.[FileName]
FROM [MediaFiles] mf
INNER JOIN [MediaPaths] mp ON mf.PathID = mp.PathID

Save the results as a .txt file.

Download two files from here (they are safe):

https://bitbucket.org/smoore4moma/link-checker/downloads/

Save the files in the same folder.  The file called LinkChecker.exe.config
has the settings below.  Open in Notepad and edit as needed.

  <appSettings>
    <!-- mode choices are "FILE" or "URL" -->
    <add key="mode" value="FILE" />
    <add key="links" value="C:\Temp\files.txt" />
    <add key="errors" value="C:\Temp\errors.txt" />
  </appSettings>

- mode: if you are checking files put FILE.  Use URL for web links.
- links:  this is the list of files to check (ie, results from the SQL
above)
- errors: when done, this will have the list of files that do not exist
where the database thinks they should be

"links" and "errors" can be named whatever you want and can point to
wherever you want.

Open the path to LinkChecker.exe in a command prompt. and run it like
this...

C:\MyMuseum\Misc>LinkChecker.exe

Check the errors file when it is done.

Steve