Looking through the CR forums, it seems that people often have this issue
post-upgrade when a computer continues to use the crxf_pdf.dll for the
previous version of Crystal Reports.

This could explain why the issue only occurs for some users. I would check
the program files on those machines and make sure the current .dll is
registered.

Nicola Astles
Museum Content and Technology Administrator
New-York Historical Society
170 Central Park West
New York, New York 10024
212-873-3400 x338