Hi Diane,

Unfortunately I am way too familiar with this kind of thing – although I actually discovered five ways to spell Mississippi in our system.  Also, apparently Arkansas is a country in Europe.

Sadly, I don’t know of an easy way to fix this short of searching for the incorrect spellings and then doing a batch-change, but perhaps others might.  In our case, part of my project was to look at all the records very carefully, so I had to combine these batch changes with looking at each record individually.  A terrifying prospect, I know.

Sarah

Sarah J Biggs | Collections Cataloguer

Saint Louis Art Museum

1 Fine Arts Drive

St Louis, Missouri

63110

314.655.5374

www.slam.org

/Users/jpelhank/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_832476735

signature_1867022149  signature_1726913623  signature_1657873252  signature_1069970599