Dear Manutal,

I would say that you could create the media record first, then put all the objects you want linked to it into a package, then use SQL to carefully do an INSERT into MediaXRefs for all those ObjectIDs, with the appropriate TableID and other relevant fields. Test first on 1-3 objects.

From: The Museum System (TMS) Users <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of registrar
Sent: Wednesday, April 3, 2019 4:31 AM
To: ListServ tmsusers <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Batch upload the same media to several objects

Hello fellow TMSers

I have a few hundreds of objects that need the same media file attached to them.

Being very good friends with the Media Loader, I’ve been trying to figure out a good and time-saving option to do this, but can’t figure this one out. If I try to use The Media Loader to batch upload the same file to several objects, it would of course either create a duplicate rendition or upload the media file once and skip the remaining list, depending on the properties.

Any ideas please on how to do this?

Thanks for your thoughts,

Hamutal

Hamutal Gabayev | Registrar
Bible Lands Museum Jerusalem

[T] 972-2-5955329  [E] [log in to unmask]

  21 Shmuel Stefan Wise, Jerusalem

cid:image001.png@01D49C5E.058D4430

חתימת מייל