Hi Sylvia, are you referring to your own Harvard owned and run off-site storage facility, or storage at a commercial 3rd party facility?

Terry L. Segal

Director of Registration

Phone: (313) 833-7907

From: The Museum System (TMS) Users <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Welsh, Sylvia C.
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2019 11:41 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Object Location Tracking and Shipments in TMS?

Hello Collective Wisdom,

We are grappling with an issue involving our use of a third-party database which tracks locations of objects we have in off-site storage. When you send your objects to off-site storage do you track that movement in a Shipment as well as the Location? Do you have any suggestions for better leveraging the abilities of TMS track the who, why, and when of Object movement?

Thank you!

Sylvia,

Sylvia Welsh, CA, LEED AP

Harvard Property Information Resource Center

1350 Massachusetts Avenue, 585

Cambridge, MA 02138

T 617-496-8275  F 617-495-0559