Hello,

At Musée de la civilisation, we use the « Classification » field for our Categories and Sub-categories. And we follow the Info-Muse classification system (which is similar to the Parks Canada system) :

Info-Muse : https://www.musees.qc.ca/bundles/professionnel/guidesel/doccoll/en/classificationethno/classificationethnocategories.htm

Parks Canada : https://app.pch.gc.ca/application/dvp-pvd/appli/cat_l-eng.php

Same thing for the dimensions :

https://www.musees.qc.ca/bundles/professionnel/guidesel/doccoll/en/ethno-art-techno/index-ethnology.htm

(you will find a description of the fields under “Dimensions”

https://www.musees.qc.ca/bundles/professionnel/guidesel/doccoll/en/measure/index.htm

Best,

Marie-Élaine Mathieu

Musées de la civilisation

Marie-Élaine Mathieu - T. 418 643-2158, poste 825
Technicienne en documentation
Direction des collections
MUSÉE DE LA CIVILISATION
9, rue de la Vieille-Université, Québec (QC) G1R 5K1 Canada

mcq.org       Google Maps  Facebook  Twitter  Flickr  Youtube