Good morning MoMSers,

Over the past few months, we've been mentioning that the 25th anniversary of the Museum on Main Street program is coming up fast. It's almost here! September 2 is our 25th birthday. We'll be providing a number of opportunities to interact with us as we observe the anniversary. More to come!

This week, we've been reflecting on the power of the MoMS partnership - that special combination of the Smithsonian, state humanities councils and small town cultural organizations. It rocks. And, you all know that because you make it happen. We recently worked with a great producer, Hannah Hethmon, who featured MoMS on an episode of her podcast Museums in Strange Places. Hannah interviewed folks across the country that have worked with MoMS and pulled in their thoughts and reflections. It's a powerful audio document. And, it's all about the work that you and your local hosts do. We're really pleased to share the episode with you.

https://museumonmainstreet.org/blog-node/supporting-humanities-small-and-rural-towns-25-years

Thanks to the folks that talked with Hannah. Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness about the impact of the project.

And to all of you, thank you not only for what you do, but also for being the great and wonderful people that you all are. You make MoMS a success, year after year, because you care about people, your states and your communities. That's a real inspiration to all of us here!

Many thanks,
Robbie

Robbie Davis
Project Director, Museum on Main Street
Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service
PO Box 37012 MRC 941
Washington, DC 20013-7012
202-633-5335

Interact with MoMS!