Dear Friends!

As you may know, this year Museum on Main Street is celebrating 25 years of bringing the Smithsonian to rural communities and inspiring cultural innovation in small-town America! We've planned some very exciting social media campaigns and events to commemorate our 25th anniversary and the invaluable work and partnership that you have given over the years to make it all possible!

We know you've had interesting experiences working with communities in your state. MoMS is all about great stories, so we'd like for you to tell us your favorites. What was your most unforgettable MoMS experience? What have you seen in your travels across your state that surprised you most? How have communities changed?

Starting Monday, August 5 through Friday, September 27, we are launching a #MOMSat25 video campaign on Twitter and Instagram. In this campaign, we're asking people and organizations around the country to share their experiences with the Museum on Main Street program in their community through a 1-minute video. The videos can be posted on Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #MOMSat25 and tagging us (Twitter - @MuseumOnMainSt or Instagram - @sitesexhibitions) and their state humanities council. If you're not on social media, we still want to hear from you. Just record your story and come on over to the MoMS website to submit it at: https://museumonmainstreet.org/stories/share/register. Select the "Create an Account to Get Started" button, complete your free registration, and upload your story.

We will, of course, be sharing/retweeting and commenting on the videos on our platforms! We invite you to join in the campaign and activate your community to participate in the celebration.

Please keep an eye out for our video announcement on Monday, August 5 at 10am (EDT) on our Twitter and Instagram platforms. We hope that you'll retweet and share the video with your audiences to get the ball rolling!  Please let me know if you have any questions about this campaign and thank you, as always, for your support!

Kind regards,

Sydnee

Sydnee C. Winston
Social Media Coordinator
Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service (SITES)<http://www.sites.si.edu/>
O: 202.633.3122 | M: 202.369.5858 |  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Address: 470 L'Enfant Plaza SW, Suite 7103, Washington, DC 20024

Stay in touch with SITES: comment, friend, follow, view:
Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/sitesExhibitions>  |  Twitter<http://twitter.com/sitesExhibits>  |  YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/sitesExhibitions>  |   Flickr <http://www.flickr.com/photos/sites_exhibitions/>  |  Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/sitesExhibitions/>