External Email - Exercise Caution

We use eMuseum, and a search on an alternate artist’s name works. Here’s the configuration screen for Artists. And the Add/Remove screen, too.

I’ve worked with Kevin Arista at Gallery Systems, and he’s a great help.

From: The Museum System (TMS) Users <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Lucille Stiger
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2019 2:47 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Emuseum and Alternate Names

External Email - Exercise Caution

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to make sure that people can find Japanese artists whether they search the name with long marks (e.g. Shunkōsai Hokushū) or without (Shunkosai Hokushu).

I put the spelling with long marks as the default name in the Constituents Module, then put the spelling with no long marks under Alternate names. However, Emuseum doesn't seem to search Alternate names.

Is there a way to include alternate names in an eMuseum search?

All best,

Lucille Stiger
Registrar
Allen Memorial Art Museum
440.775.8668

This message originated outside of the Nelson-Atkins. Please use caution when opening links or attachments.