From: The Museum System (TMS) Users <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Adele Barbato
Sent: Tuesday, March 3, 2020 1:09 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Coordinating TMS with PM software

External Email - Exercise Caution
Hi Kim,

I’ve found PM software useful for communicating collaboratively and tracking progress on a specific exhibit (i.e. project), which are features not built into the functionality of TMS being that it is largely just a database. For instance, we use Asana, which has a robust way of sending messages linked to specific tasks, recording meeting notes, tracking next steps in the project, linking documents, and tracking deadlines. We are actively trying to spread it across the whole of our museum---conservation, curation, technicians, registrars, exhibit designers, etc—so that each person who is in involved in a particular exhibit would be a part of that particular project team in Asana, and thus see all the messages and project updates as they come in. Great in that way for cross-departmental collaboration.

In essence, the relationship between Asana and TMS here is that Asana is the main hub/external face for an exhibit between staff, and TMS is the living/breathing repository for the art information.

Hope that’s helpful,
Adele

Adele Barbato
Collections Manager

Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco
de Young \ Legion of Honor
Golden Gate Park \ 50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Drive
San Francisco, CA 94118

p. 415-750-8938
e. [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
w. https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=www.famsf.org&amp;data=02%7C01%7Ctmsusers%40si-listserv.si.edu%7C9b4368f2c1894a4fe8ea08d7bfaca977%7C989b5e2a14e44efe93b78cdd5fc5d11c%7C0%7C0%7C637188620624303477&amp;sdata=3YFZfwDSffVf5qf4%2FEIsEgXYvPYrSR8g2CIAiuO6fGQ%3D&amp;reserved=0<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Ffamsf.org%2F&amp;data=02%7C01%7Ctmsusers%40si-listserv.si.edu%7C9b4368f2c1894a4fe8ea08d7bfaca977%7C989b5e2a14e44efe93b78cdd5fc5d11c%7C0%7C0%7C637188620624303477&amp;sdata=07o491c%2BxT%2B%2BFWCENOitswZLvu76bXcWurPzug%2FIN0U%3D&amp;reserved=0>