From: The Museum System (TMS) Users <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Chad Petrovay
Sent: Friday, July 17, 2020 11:01 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Media Sorting and Rank

[CAUTION: This message originated from outside the Foundation. Do not click links, open attachments or take action unless you know the contents are safe]
External Email - Exercise Caution
Media Xrefs have ranking and a display order.

[cid:image002.png@01D65F4D.19FB7A00]

Display Order is set by using the up and down arrows in the upper right corner (marked 1 in the attached image). As a side note, the primary display does not always have the display order of one; it has to do with how your TMS instance is configured.

The Rank field is optional. Before Display Order was added to MediaXrefs, institutions used it for this purpose. Uniqueness and ordering is not enforced, and new entries have a rank of 0. Per the documentation:

You can rank your linked Media records. For example, a Rank of "1" may mean "publication quality": a Rank of "2" may mean "detail shot." Or, you can set the rank to determine the order that each Media record appears in custom Data View displays and reports. This ranking system is institution-specific; each institution determines its own criteria for ranking media.

You set rank by single clicking the rank column in the row of the media grid you want to set the rank for. A cursor will not appear, but whatever value you type will replace the current value.

I hope this helps.