External Email - Exercise Caution

Greetings oh Wise Ones!

We have always numbered our images with the object numbers, makes it easy to finds when looking for them.  However lately I am aware that there are flaws in this when numbering future incoming object images.   When taking images of the new objects (before they are approved) they get the TR receipt numbers.  But once they are accessioned……. What then?  I don’t need to retake all the images again, but how do we reference them to the new object numbers when they get their permanent numbers?  I don’t want to go back and renumber all the images.

Been wanting to ask this for a while.

How do you handle this and what do you do with the image numbers in TMS?

Many thanks!  Hope everyone is doing OK!

Heidi J

Heidi Taylor
Associate Registrar of Loans/Acquisitions
The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art

5401 Bay Shore Road

Sarasota, FL 34243
941-359-5700 ex. 1502

www.ringling.org